A Family's Wealth . . . More Than Its Money
At The Williams Group, we take a holistic approach to family wealth. We believe that a family’s true wealth includes the family’s name and reputation, experience and education as well as the intellectual and networking capacity of all family members. This is in addition to cash, stocks, bonds, real property and business.
We typically work with families who:
Own closely held businesses, as well as those with equity and real property investments
Want to empower their children to be wise stewards of family wealth
Want to work to retain the fruits of a lifetime of hard work
Want to identify shared values, develop family goals, and create a family mission
If you have any of the following concerns for your family, please call us. We can help.
- Heirs have an entitlement attitude regarding inheritance.
- Heirs are unprepared to be accountable and responsible in being stewards of family assets and values.
- If liable means responsible and “re” means repeating over and over, then reliable is a quality you want to support. Is this a concern in your family?
- Our estate plan addresses the distribution of our assets, and does so effectively. We have great professional advisors.
- Our estate plan is not designed to prepare our heirs to manage our wealth.
- We do not have a clear definition of wealth agreed to by our family
- Our definition of family has not been agreed to by the entire family. Some say it’s bloodline only, others say spouses are included. Others say adopted and step children. We have not been able to come to agreement on the definition.
All families with whom we work have one characteristic in common: in spite of any difficulties, family members have the willingness to invest time and energy into learning how to work as a team to preserve not only their wealth, but family values and harmony.